In recent years, video conferencing platforms like Zoom have become widespread, allowing users to conduct online meetings for anything from school assignments to business deals.
Undoubtedly, Zoom is an excellent tool for virtual meetings. However, small screens can ruin any digital experience. I personally like using a bigger screen for myself.
Well, what I did was Chromecast Zoom to TV via smartphone and computer! Yes, whichever I used for the day, my phone or my laptop, I can cast my Zoom meetings to my TV easily. Here’s how I did it with Chromecast!
Chromecast Zoom to TV
Using Chromecast with Zoom is a clever way to enhance your virtual meeting experience. To sum up, the Google Chrome browser on your PC, as well as the Google Home app on your Android & iOS devices, are all you need to cast Zoom meetings to a Chromecast-enabled TV.
Can You Chromecast Zoom Meetings?
Even though the Zoom app does not support casting meetings to Chromecast devices, there are alternative ways in which you can Chromecast Zoom meetings to TV from different devices and operating systems.
With that being said, you must have the Chromecast device ready and plugged into your TV.
If not, then your television must have the Chromecast built-in feature included.
How to Cast Zoom Meetings to Chromecast TV
1- Chromecast Zoom From Your PC
To Chromecast your Zoom meetings from your computer to your television, you must use the Google Chrome web browser. The steps are as follows:
1) Download and install Chrome Browser on your system.
2) If Google Chrome is already installed on your computer, ensure that you are using the most recent version of the browser.
3) Ensure that your computer and Chromecast device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. (*Note: This is crucial since Chrome browser cannot detect Chromecast devices that are on different networks.)
4) Now, launch Google Chrome and head to your Zoom meeting.
5) Click the three dots in the upper right corner to access the menu, then choose Cast.
6) Select the Chromecast TV to which you would like to cast your Zoom meeting.
As easy as that, you can now display your Zoom meetings on the big screen!
2- Chromecast Zoom From Your Android Device
The best approach to cast Zoom meetings to your Chromecast-enabled TV from your Android phone or tablet is by using the Google Home app, not any of the third-party apps that you may find recommended in other online tutorials.
It’s no secret that Chromecast and Android are both integrated with the Google ecosystem.
So, which is better—using a random third-party app that might not be totally compatible with Google products OR using the Google Home app, which is also a part of the Google ecosystem and offers complete compatibility and functionality?
Now, let’s move on to the part where I demonstrate to you how to cast a Zoom meeting to a TV from your Android device with the Google Home app:
1) You must allow the microphone permission to the Google Play Services app in order for Chromecasting to function properly.
[Navigate to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Permissions > Microphone > Allow permission].
2) Confirm that both your Android device and Chromecast TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
4) Launch the Google Home app and tap the Chromecast TV on which you want to cast your Zoom meetings.
5) Tap the Cast my Screen button at the bottom of the phone’s screen.
6) Confirm and initiate the screen casting process if you encounter any confirmation pop-ups.
7) Once your Android screen is displayed on the Chromecast-enabled TV screen, launch the Zoom Conference app on your Android device and then begin your online Zoom meeting.
3- Chromecast Zoom From Your iOS Device
Despite the fact that iOS devices are not a part of the Google ecosystem, Google allows iOS users to use the Google Home app with all of its functions on their devices.
Before we go, I must once again emphasize an important note!!
You may come across certain third-party apps that are regularly recommended by other tutorials. However, I recommend the Google Home app instead, since it works perfectly with Chromecast-enabled televisions and doesn’t include any annoying ads.
Now, to use the Google Home app on your iOS device to Chromecast Zoom meetings to your TV, follow these steps:
1) Make sure that your iOS device and Chromecast-enabled TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Download and install the Google Home app on your iOS device.
3) If it’s your first time using the app, follow the on-screen instructions you will get to set up the app and link it to your TV. [*Note*: If you’re struggling with this step, check out this Google Home app setup guide].
4) After finishing the setup process successfully, tap on the Chromecast TV on which you want to cast your Zoom meetings.
5) Tap on the Cast my Screen button at the bottom of the phone’s screen. Then, approve any confirmation pop-ups you may encounter.
6) Once your iOS device screen is displayed on the Chromecast TV, open the Zoom app and enjoy watching your Zoom meeting on the big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zoom Work on Chromecast?
Yes, you can cast Zoom meetings to a Chromecast-enabled TV from your personal computer by using the Google Chrome web browser, as well as from your Android & iOS mobile devices by using the Google Home app.
Can We Cast Zoom From macOS to a TV?
If you’re using macOS, you can certainly cast Zoom to a TV. You can cast a Zoom meeting directly to an Apple TV or AirPlay-enabled TV using AirPlay. The second alternative is to connect your Mac to the television via an HDMI cable, which will mirror the screen of your Mac on the TV.
Overall, Zoom is a great tool for maintaining connections and increasing productivity.
However, the next time you have a Zoom meeting, consider casting your Zoom meeting to a Chromecast-enabled TV.
This will enable you to project your meeting onto a bigger screen, which will improve your experience regardless of the context in which you are.