AirPods are fully compatible with iPhone, iPad and MacBooks, but it doesn’t mean they won’t connect with Windows systems. I have successfully connected AirPods with my Dell system specifically, as AirPods works with any device with Bluetooth functionality enabled.
So how to connect AirPods to Dell laptop? Here are the easy ways I did!
How to Connect AirPods to Dell Laptop?
Connecting your AirPods to your Windows PC works the same way as connecting other devices to your PC using Bluetooth. Connecting your AirPods to your Dell laptop is straightforward. The steps are simple to follow, all you need to do is locate your Bluetooth settings >> Add Bluetooth device option >> Locate your device from the list of available devices >> Connect.
Below are the necessary steps you can take on how to connect your AirPods to a Dell laptop.
Quick note: Before proceeding, make sure your AirPods are fully charged.
1. Click on the Start icon, and type Bluetooth. You will see an option titled “Bluetooth and other devices settings.” Click on it.
You can also do Windows + I. It will open the settings page, where you can search for “Bluetooth and other device settings” in the search box.
2. After you have clicked on “Bluetooth and other device settings,” click on “Add Bluetooth and other devices” near the plus (+) icon. Make sure the Bluetooth option is turned on.
3. A window will open. Switch on your Bluetooth, and then click on the first option, “Bluetooth,” and wait for it to search for the list of available devices. Sometimes it may take longer, so wait for it.
4. Once it’s done searching, you will see a list of available devices. Double-click on yours, and then wait for it to finish connecting. Once it is done connecting, a display message will come up that read, “Your device is ready to go!“
That’s how you connect your AirPods to your Dell laptop.
Common AirPods Problems You May Encounter From Time to Time and How to Fix
Problem 1: AirPods Not Pairing?
If you have a situation where AirPods are not pairing with your Dell system, you need to take your AirPods, put them back in the casing, and leave them for 10 seconds.
If that doesn’t work, go to your computer Bluetooth settings, disable the AirPods, and start it back from square 1.
I also made sure that AirPods are not paired to another device like your phone or another computer. It got me frustrated with how the AirPods aren’t connecting, but turns out they were already connected to my iPhone. I disconnected it and then was able to pair it with my Dell laptop.
Problem 2: One AirPods Is Working, and the Other Won’t Connect. What to Do?
If you find yourself in a situation like this, all you need do is put both AirPods into the case, wait 10 seconds, take them out after 10 seconds, and put them back in your ears.
What I also did was put the AirPod that didn’t work first into my ear followed by the other one. It’s a little trick that you can try yourself.
If that does not work, put the AirPods back into the case, turn your device Bluetooth off, and turn it back on. Then remove the AirPods from the case. If that does not work, resetting the AirPods will be the best solution.
Problem 3: What to Do if AirPods Fail to Connect to Dell Laptop?
If your AirPods fail to connect to your Dell laptop, you first need to check if your AirPods are discoverable in the first place.
One thing about Apple is that they always make sure their products are very compatible with their products, making it hard to make them compatible with other products like Dell, for example.
After checking and ensuring your AirPods are discoverable, you can also check for the following minor problems:
- Is your AirPods in pairing mode? Check and make sure it is in Pairing mode before connecting them to your Dell laptop.
- Your AirPods do not have any power: This is common, so always ensure it is fully charged before connecting.
- Dell Bluetooth drivers might be outdated: Check to ensure the Bluetooth drivers on your Dell PC are up to date.
- Distance: You must confirm your AirPods, and Dell PC are close enough for pairing to be completed.
How to Reset Your AirPods
This is the last option if none of the other options work.
To reset your AirPods, you need to press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case for 15 seconds or so until the light blinks orange. Then start pairing them again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Connect AirPods to a Dell Laptop?
Yes, AirPods can be connected to a Dell laptop.
No doubt, AirPods are fully compatible with Apple products, but you will still be able to connect your AirPods to a Windows PC.
If your laptop has Bluetooth functionality or a Bluetooth device attached, you have nothing to worry about.
Will My AirPods Run Smoothly When Connected to My Dell System as They Do on My Mac System?
Probably not. The AirPods are designed to be fully compatible with iPhone, iPad and MacBooks. Dell is not part of Apple.
So, you won’t experience that smooth integration on Dell systems compared to the MAC systems. But who cares anyway? As far as our Dell system gets the job done, that’s all right.
Will My AirPods Battery Be Drained Faster When Connected to My Dell Laptop?
Yes, your AirPods battery will drain faster, and that’s because AirPods are fully compatible with iPhone, iPad and MacBooks.
But the draining of your Apple battery will be different from the situation where you won’t enjoy using your AirPods because it drains faster. They will be an impact, yes. But it will be a minor impact or something undeniable.
Do AirPods Work With Dell Laptops?
Yes, AirPods works with Dell laptops, and that’s what we just explained above. Just make sure your AirPods are charged and follow the steps above. That’s all.
Will My Dell Laptop Decrease My AirPods Lifespan in the Long Term?
No, it won’t. You may experience drops in your AirPods battery life and sometimes audio problems, but that’s normal because even if your AirPods are connected to an Apple product, they may still experience an issue with the audio and other minor issues from time to time.
Why Don’t My AirPods Appear on the List of Available Bluetooth Devices?
If your Dell system does not in any way detect your AirPods, what can you do:
– You can turn your Bluetooth off and back on to see if the problem is fixed.
– Another option is to put your AirPods back in the casing for a few seconds, bring it out, and restart pairing.
This article explains how to connect AirPods to Dell laptop. If you follow the steps, you should have no problem connecting your AirPods to any Dell laptop
Here are some common AirPods problems and quick fixes:
- AirPods Not Pairing: Put the AirPods in the casing and leave for a few seconds.
- Only One AirPod is Working: Put AirPods back in the casing, turn Bluetooth off, and turn it back on.
- AirPods Fail to Connect: If this happens, check if AirPods are discoverable, check and make sure it is in pairing mode, check if it’s fully charged, and check if Dell Bluetooth drivers are up to date.
Hopefully, you don’t come across any of the problems listed above, but if you do, the solution above should work for you.
If you have any problems, let us know in the comments below.