I have wondered recently how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV. I did know most Samsung TVs are Bluetooth-ready, and the Samsung TV I have definitely has Bluetooth.
Well, I got to tell you, connecting AirPods to your Samsung TV is extremely straightforward! It’s simply how we connect our AirPods to any Bluetooth available device; in this case, a Samsung TV.
How to Connect AirPods to Samsung TV?
To connect AirPods to your Samsung TV, do the following: First, take your AirPods and put them into pairing mode. Now, navigate to the TV’s Settings (All Settings) > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth speaker list. Select your AirPods, choose Pair & Connect, and then press OK. That’s all!
Note: The steps to access the “Bluetooth speaker list” may vary depending on your TV model.
Can You Connect AirPods to Any Samsung TV?
You can pair AirPods with most Samsung TVs via Bluetooth. Here’s a list of the Samsung TV models that are Bluetooth-ready:
- Q800T, Q900TS, Q60T, Q70T, Q80T, and Q90T series
- Terrace series
- Sero series
- Serif series
- Frame series
- Samsung – 6, 7, 8, and 9 series
These are all smart TVs and come with a smart remote that only connects to your TV via Bluetooth. So, if you’ve got a smart remote control, your TV supports Bluetooth.
If your TV came with a non-smart remote control, you could still check Bluetooth compatibility by following these steps:
Go to the TV’s Settings > Sound > Sound Output. Now, look for a Bluetooth speaker list; if one is found, your TV supports Bluetooth.
Can You Connect AirPods to Smart TV?
You can connect AirPods to most of the smart TVs available today. However, some TVs don’t support Bluetooth. Fortunately, you can also make them Bluetooth-ready by using a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver.
It’s a device that converts wired audio signals into wireless audio signals and then transmits those signals to your Bluetooth device.
Here’s a list of Bluetooth transmitter devices you can consider buying:
- Swiitech Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- TROND Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver V5.0
- Aisidra Bluetooth Adapter
What Other Devices Are Compatible With AirPods?
AirPods are compatible with most of the devices available today that support Bluetooth. Here’s a list of devices that are compatible with Apple AirPods:
- Smart TVs
- Mac devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Windows Phones
- Gaming consoles (Bluetooth-ready)
Any device that has a Bluetooth feature are compatible!
Related Reading: How to Connect AirPods to Dell Laptop? (Easily)
How Do You Pair AirPods With Your Samsung TV?
Now that you know your Samsung TV is Bluetooth-ready, it’s time to pair AirPods with it by using the Bluetooth menu. Here’s how.
Connect AirPods to Samsung TV via Bluetooth
Follow these steps to connect AirPods to your Samsung TV:
- Take your AirPods case and open the lid without taking out the earbuds.
- Now, press and hold the small button on the backside of the case until you see a white light blinking. This shows that your AirPods are in pairing mode.
- If you’ve got AirPods Max, press and hold the noise control button down until they enter pairing mode.
- Next, take your Samsung TV remote and press the Home or Settings button.
- Once you see your TV’s setting menu, select Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List.
- Your TV will now begin searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Select your AirPods from the list, choose Pair & Connect, and press OK.
- That’s all! Your AirPods are now connected to your Samsung TV.
Connect AirPods to Samsung TV via Bluetooth Transmitter
If your Samsung TV doesn’t support Bluetooth, use a Bluetooth transmitter to make it Bluetooth-ready. Here’s how:
- Connect your Bluetooth transmitter (BT) device to your TV using a USB or 3.5mm audio jack.
- Once connected, turn it on and put it into pairing mode. You can see the user manual on how to do this.
- Take your AirPods near your BT device and put them into pairing mode.
- Next, press the power button on your Bluetooth transmitter twice to connect it to your AirPods.
Disconnect AirPods From Your Samsung TV
Now that you know how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV, it’s equally important to know how to disconnect them. Here’s how to disconnect AirPods from your Samsung TV:
- Take your Samsung TV remote and press the Home button.
- Go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output and access the “Bluetooth Speaker List” section.
- Select your connected AirPods, then select disconnect. After that, click OK from the disconnection pop-up.
Related Reading: AirPods Pro Keep Disconnecting? (Fix it QUICKLY)
What if My AirPods Do Not Pair With My Samsung TV?
Sometimes, you may be unable to connect AirPods to Samsung TV for several reasons. If that’s the case with you, try restarting your TV and resetting your AirPods. Here’s how:
- Turn off your TV and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait one minute, plug it back in, and then turn on your TV.
- Next, take your AirPods and put them into the case.
- Now, close the lid and wait for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, try pairing AirPods with your Samsung TV. It should work now.
Note: Turn off Bluetooth on devices paired with your AirPods before connecting them to your TV. Furthermore, ensure the volume on your TV is always turned up, as this affects sound transmission through your earbuds.
True, I had this problem one time but it was actually because my AirPods were still paired with my phone. So do make sure to disconnect everything else before connecting with your Samsung TV!
How to Pair AirPods With a Samsung Phone?
Just like any other Bluetooth device, you can connect your Samsung phone to AirPods.
Follow these steps to connect AirPods to a Samsung phone:
- Take your AirPods and open the case without taking out the earbuds.
- Turn the case around and press and hold the small white button until you see a white light blinking to get them into pairing mode.
- For AirPods Max, press and hold the noise control button down until they enter pairing mode.
- Next, go to your phone’s settings, tap Connections > Bluetooth, and turn it on.
- Your phone will start searching for available Bluetooth devices. Select your AirPods from the result, wait for it to pair and tap OK to confirm pairing request.
Related Reading: Dropped AirPods in Water (Do This QUICKLY)
Can I Connect My Sound Bar and AirPods Simultaneously to My Samsung TV?
Smart TVs don’t come with great built-in speakers. That’s why most TV owners use soundbars to enhance their viewing experience. Moreover, they also want to connect multiple devices to their TVs, like a soundbar with AirPods. But they’re unsure about it as most TVs don’t support multiple-device connectivity.
Fortunately, you can connect a sound bar and AirPods simultaneously to your Samsung TV. The catch is that the “Samsung Multi Connect” option is only available in 2022 models or later.
Follow these steps to connect AirPods and a sound bar simultaneously to your Samsung TV via Bluetooth:
- Take your soundbar, turn it on, and enable pairing mode.
- Now, take your Samsung TV remote and press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List.
- Your TV will start searching for nearby available devices.
- Select your soundbar from the list, choose Pair & Connect, and press OK. Your soundbar is now connected.
- Next, take your AirPods and put them into pairing mode.
- Select AirPods from the Bluetooth Speaker List. You’ll see two options: “Multi Connect” and “Replace“.
- Select the Multi Connect option and click OK.
Now, you’ve connected two audio devices simultaneously to your Samsung TV via Bluetooth.
Related Reading: Left AirPod Not Working Even After Reset? (PROVEN Fix!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Connect Apple AirPods to Samsung?
You can connect Apple AirPods to all Samsung devices with Bluetooth connectivity. All you’ve got to do is put AirPods into pairing mode and then go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and pair them.
Can You Connect My AirPods to My Samsung TV Without Bluetooth?
You cannot connect AirPods to your Samsung TV without Bluetooth. AirPods are true wireless earbuds that require a Bluetooth connection with another compatible device in order to be used. If your Samsung TV doesn’t have Bluetooth but you want to connect AirPods to it, you can do it by using a Bluetooth transmitter.
Connecting AirPods to your Samsung TV is a great way to enjoy your favorite movies, shows, and games without disturbing others. The process of connecting AirPods may seem daunting at first, but it’s relatively straightforward.
You can connect AirPods to your Samsung TV in two ways:
- Through the Bluetooth menu on your Samsung TV
- With a third-party Bluetooth transmitter
Hopefully, you now have AirPods connected to your Samsung TV. However, if you still have any problems connecting it to your TV, feel free to comment below. We’d be happy to help!