You’re not alone if you own a TCL TV and have experienced the frustrating issue of having no sound but still having a picture.
This is a common problem that can be caused by various factors, including incorrect audio settings, loose cables, and software issues.
Luckily, there are several things you can try before resorting to calling a technician or TCL customer support.
How to Fix TCL Sound Not Working
If your TCL TV has no sound but has a picture, start by checking the volume, connections, and audio settings. Next, restart the TV and update the software.
If these steps don’t work, power cycle the TV by unplugging it from the power source and waiting a few minutes before plugging it back in.
1. Check the Volume and Mute Settings
The first and most obvious step is to check the volume and mute settings on your TCL TV. You may have accidentally muted the TV or turned the volume down too low.
Grab your TV remote and look for the volume buttons to check this. Press the “+” button to increase the volume or the “-” button to decrease it.
If the TV is muted, you should see a mute icon on the screen or hear a beeping sound when you press the volume buttons. Press the “Mute” button again to unmute the TV.
2. Power Cycle Your TV
Power cycling is a simple and effective troubleshooting step that can resolve many common issues with your TCL TV.
- Press the power button on the TV or the remote control to turn off the TV.
- Unplug the TV from the power source. This may involve unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet or removing the power cord from the back of the TV.
- Wait 2-3 minutes before plugging the TV back in. This allows time for the TV to discharge any residual power.
- Plug the TV back into the power source. Ensure the power cord is securely plugged in and the outlet functions correctly.
- Turn on the TV using the power button on the TV or the remote control.
When you turn on your Roku TCL TV again, the sound should function without delay or lag.
3. Restart Your TCL TV
Restarting will solve TCL Roku TV no sound. Use the following button sequence to force your TCL TV to erase its cache and restart.
- Press the Home button five times on your TCL TV remote
- Hit the Up button once.
- Press the Rewind button twice, then the Fast Forward button twice afterward.
It will take a few seconds for your TCL TV to reboot. It’s a good idea to test the TV’s sound after a restart to see whether it’s working.
If that doesn’t work, try resetting your TV from the menu options to see if it fixes the sound on your TCL TV.
- Click the Home button.
- Scroll down to find the Settings option.
- Pick System.
- Select the Power option now.
- Choose System Restart.
- Then click Restart.
When the reboot is finished, test the TCL TV’s audio output to see whether it works or not.
4. Check Internet & HDMI Connections
Your faulty internet or HDMI connection might cause TCL TV’s audio problems. You should initially examine the strength and stability of your Roku’s internet connection.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose a Network.
- Navigate to About and see if it says ‘Connected’ or not.
The signal strength is displayed on the same page; is it ‘Bad,‘ ‘Good,’ or ‘Excellent‘?
A lack of network connectivity or a weak signal might be the blame for your TCL TV’s inability to play audio. Lastly, click Check Connection.
Your Roku player will immediately begin verifying your Internet and wireless connections.
After the check, you should receive a popup that says, ‘Connection check was successful.‘
If the connectivity test fails, you should double-check the settings on your router and try again.
Additionally, if you’re using an Ethernet cable, ensure it’s correctly plugged in.
Also, double-check the HDMI cable and ensure it is correctly plugged in. You may switch HDMI ports if the one currently in use is malfunctioning. Replace the HDMI cable if you have access to a spare.
5. Change Audio Settings and Audio Mode
You can adjust the audio settings on your TCL TV to solve the problem of no sound.
Adjust the Audio Mode
- On your TCL tv, go to the Settings menu.
- Choose the Audio option now.
- Choose S/PDIF and ARC.
- Go ahead and change it to (auto-detect). If the problem persists after that, try switching to a different audio mode to determine which one works best.
Disable Volume Leveling
- On your TCL TV remote, press the * button.
- Depending on your TV model, select Sound settings.
- Go down and turn off the Volume mode.
Check whether your TCL TV’s sound is operating correctly now.
6. Reset Audio and Picture Settings
If your TCL TV’s audio settings are mixed up, it can cause various sound difficulties ranging from sporadic cutouts/drops to audio that is out of sync with the image on your TCL TV.
Returning your audio settings to their factory defaults will rapidly solve the problem in certain circumstances.
No, you wouldn’t be resetting the Roku’s whole system; You’ll just reset the audio preferences.
- Choose Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap System.
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Click Factory Reset.
- Choose Reset TV audio/picture settings.
- Press the Play/Pause button three times to reset audio/picture settings.
You will receive a notification indicating that all audio settings have been reset to their default configuration.
7. Update Your TCL TV Software
If you still have trouble with your TCL TV audio, check the Roku OS version and install the latest update.
To check for and install software updates for your Roku:
- Choose Settings from the main menu.
- Select System.
- Choose System update.
- To see whether an update is available for your Roku device, click Check now.
Your TV will check for software updates, download and install them automatically, and restart when done. This approach requires that your TCL TV device be connected to the internet.
8. Reset TCL TV to Factory Settings
You may return your TCL TV to its original settings by factory reset. This can assist in resolving the majority of technical faults or difficulties with your TCL TV.
But, following a factory reset, you may lose all of your TCL TV’s personalized settings and downloads.
- Tap the Home button and go to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- Choose Factory Reset.
- Choose Factory reset everything.
- To finish the factory reset procedure, enter the code that appears on your screen.
- Reset your TCL TV, then configure it.
9. Contact TCL TV Customer Service
If you perform all of the steps above, the sound on your TCL TV should now operate properly with no lag, delay, echo, or sporadic drop.
But if the sound problems persist or you encounter any other difficulties during setup, contact TCL Roku for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is TCL TV Volume Control?
The location of the volume control on a TCL TV may vary depending on the specific model and remote control being used. Still, there are a few common ways to adjust the volume:
>Using TV remote: Look for a button labeled “VOL” or “VOLUME” on the remote control. Press the “+” button to increase the volume or the “-” button to decrease it.
>Using TCL Roku app: Open the app on your mobile device or tablet. Make sure your TCL TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device. Once you are connected, you should see a remote control interface on the app.
Look for the volume control buttons on the remote control interface. They will resemble the typical volume up and down symbols.
Why Is My TCL TV Not Making Sound?
If your TCL sound is not working, it might be due to several things. Your TCL TV may have low volume or no sound for various reasons, including malfunctioning external speakers, faulty cables or connections and hardware problems.
How Do I Reset My TCL Speaker?
The steps to reset a TCL speaker may vary depending on your specific model, but here are some general steps you can try:
>Turn off the speaker: If your TCL speaker is turned on, press the power button to turn it off.
>Press and hold the reset button: Look for a small button or pinhole on the speaker’s back or bottom. Hold this button briefly using a paperclip or a similar small object.
>Release the button: After holding the reset button for a few seconds, release it and wait for the speaker to reset.
>Power on the speaker: Once the reset process is complete, turn it on to check if it’s working correctly.
If your TCL TV has no sound but still has a picture, try the steps above before contacting technical support.
These solutions are simple and can be done by anyone, regardless of technical expertise. If none of the solutions work, then contacting TCL customer support is the best resort.
Leave a comment
Have something to say about this article? Add your comment and start the discussion.