Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, with more than 2.80 billion monthly active users. Now, it’s most likely that you’re someone who relies on the Facebook app to browse the platform as it’s typically more convenient, faster, and easier to use.
However, you can run into some issues like this one that just happened to me (and maybe to you!). Did the ‘Facebook says no internet connection‘ notification popped up in your app too?
The thing is, I was still using the Facebook app minutes ago, and when I reopened it, this issue came up. Was my internet down just like that or was it Facebook itself? Well, here are my effective troubleshooting ways that brought me back to happily browsing my Facebook feed!
Facebook Says No Internet Connection
If Facebook says no internet connection, there are a few things you can try to fix it. Start by restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, ensure that your internet connection is functioning properly. If so, then make sure Facebook’s servers are NOT down.
You might also try clearing the cache and data for the Facebook app. If that fails, try updating the Facebook app. Finally, If none of these solutions work, uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
Why Is the Facebook App Saying No Internet Connection?
The first question you might have is: Why Facebook keeps saying no internet connection? In other words, what are the causes of the “No internet connection” issue?
When Facebook says no internet connection, it means that it is unable to establish a connection to the internet. This can occur for a variety of causes, including:
- Unstable or Slow Internet Connection: Since the Facebook app requires a stable and fairly fast connection to work properly, it may crash, freeze, or fail to load if the connection is unstable or slow.
- Facebook Servers Are Down: Because the Facebook app relies on its servers to function properly, the app may not load properly if the servers are down, which may result in a “no internet connection” error message appearing on the screen.
- Facebook App Bugs: Bugs are inevitable in any software—including the Facebook app—and they can negatively affect the app by causing unexpected crushes, incorrect loading, data corruption, etc.
- Outdated Facebook App Version: When using an outdated version of any app, you shouldn’t be surprised when you encounter errors, as it’s inevitably the first thing to occur.
- Phone Device Issues: As with all software, bugs are inevitable, and your phone’s operating system is no exception—especially if you’re using an outdated OS version.
How to Fix Facebook Says No Internet Connection
Here is the list of all the available fixes for the “No internet connection” issue:
Fix #1: Restart Your Phone
Restarting your phone device is the first thing you should do anytime you face a technical difficulty. This action will clear any temporary bugs that may be causing the issue, as well as give the phone a fresh start.
However, before restarting your phone, you should close all apps that are running in the background and then restart your phone.
Fix #2: Check Your Internet Connection
Since Facebook says “no internet connection” it goes without saying that you should check your internet connection to ensure it is working properly before taking any further actions.
“What can I do to check the status of my internet connection?”
Simply put, you should try browsing other apps that require an internet connection. If those other apps function as intended, then your internet connection is likely stable and the issue here is NOT related to the connection. In this scenario, you should move on to the next solution (Fix #3).
However, if you find that other apps are also displaying internet connection difficulties, it is a clear indication that the issue here is indeed related and caused by your internet connection. In this scenario, you should try the following:
For Wi-Fi users:
1. Turn off your phone’s Wi-Fi function.
2. Restart your router.
3. Turn on the Wi-Fi again and connect to your network.
4. Open the Facebook app and check if the error message is still there.
For Mobile Data users:
1. Deactivate your phone’s mobile data function.
2. Wait a few minutes.
3. Turn on the mobile data on your phone again.
4. Open the Facebook app and check if the error message has disappeared.
Fix #3: Check for Facebook Outage
Facebook’s servers may go down at any time due to server maintenance or some technical issues. When this happens, the Facebook app will have trouble connecting to the servers, resulting in a variety of issues, including the “no internet connection” error.
So, you should check for Facebook outages to see if this is the cause of your problem.
Luckily, there are sites like DownDetector or IsItDownRightNow, which track outages for popular websites like Facebook. This allows you to determine whether Facebook services are now online (up) or offline (down).
If you find that Facebook’s servers are down, your only choice is to wait for them to come back online.
However, if they are up and functioning normally, you should proceed to the next section.
Fix #4: Check for Facebook App Updates
When you update an app, you’re downloading the latest version of that app, which includes bug fixes and new features.
Therefore, If you’re having issues with the Facebook app, updating it to the latest version may help resolve them, as doing so can clear any bugs that are causing the “No internet connection” error message to appear.
To download the latest Facebook app updates, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Google Play Store or the App Store on iOS.
2. Use the bar search to find the Facebook app.
3. If any new updates are available, look for the Update button; click it, and then wait for the process to finish.
Fix #5: Check for OS Version Updates
As we’ve previously mentioned, bugs can affect any software, from app to operating systems, and keeping your phone’s OS (operating systems) updated is one of the best things you can do to prevent bugs from causing troubles on your phone.
To get the latest OS version update on your phone, follow these steps:
On Android devices:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Navigate to Software update at the bottom of the Settings page.
3. Click on the Download and install button, and then wait for your phone to finish updating.
On iOS devices:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Navigate to General, then Software Updates.
3. Click on Download and Install, and then wait for your phone to finish updating.
Fix #6: Clear the Facebook App’s Cache and Data
The Facebook app keeps cache and data on your phone much like any other app, and clearing an app’s cache and data can often fix many issues with the app.
“Cache and data: what are they?”
The app’s cache is a temporary storage space for files that the app needs to access regularly, while the app’s data is any stored information, such as your preferences, settings, login information, and so on.
However, these files Facebook keeps on your device may become damaged or lost, which can cause the Facebook app to freeze, crash, and display errors like “no internet connection”. In this case, you must clear the Facebook app’s cache and data to restore it to its default state.
To clear the Facebook app’s cache and data, follow these steps:
Note: Please keep in mind that this action will remove your account from the Facebook app on your device, so you will need to log in again.
On Android devices:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down until you locate the Apps option; tap on it.
3. You will be shown a list of all the apps installed on your phone; find and tap on Facebook.
4. If needed, tap on the Storage option.
5. Finally, you will find the two buttons; Clear data and Clear cache.
On iOS devices, you can:
1. Lunch the Settings app.
2. Navigate to General, then iPhone Storage.
3. Scroll down until you see the Facebook app, then tap on it.
4. Finally, click on the Offload App button.
Fix #7: Uninstall and Reinstall the Facebook App
Is the Facebook app still reporting an internet connection issue after all this? If the answer is yes, then your last option is to uninstall (delete) the Facebook app from your phone and then reinstall it back again.
It’s very simple to do this; just use your normal procedure to uninstall the Facebook app from your phone, then visit the app store (the Google Play Store or the App Store), where you can download the Facebook app once again. That’s it!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clear Cache and Data: of Facebook App?
If you need to clear the cache and data of the Facebook app in order to fix certain issues with the app. This is how you do it:
For Android users:
1- Open the Settings app.
2- Tap on Apps (scroll down to find it).
3- In the list of installed apps on your device, locate and click Facebook.
4- Tap on Storage now.
5- Finally, press the Clear data and Clear cache buttons.
For iOS users:
1-On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2- Tap on General, then on iPhone Storage.
3- Locate and tap on Facebook from the list of apps.
4- Finally, click the Offload App button.
How to Check if Facebook Servers are Down?
If you get a message that says “user reports indicate problems at Facebook” or “Facebook is DOWN for everyone”, it’s a clear indication that the Facebook servers are down.
You can also search Twitter for #facebookdown to see if other people are having the same problem.
Why is Facebook not working on Wi-Fi?
It is possible that your Wi-Fi connection is not strong or stable enough. Another possibility is that Facebook servers are down due to maintenance or technical difficulties. Furthermore, it could be a problem with the device you’re using to access Facebook.
If Facebook keeps saying no internet connection, you should first be aware that there are many potential causes for this issue, such as bad internet connection, problems with Facebook servers, bugs in the Facebook app, and problems with the phone device.
Second, you should know that there are a many solutions you can take to address this problem, including:
- Restarting your phone
- Checking your internet connection
- Checking the status of Facebook’s servers
- Clearing the Facebook app’s cache and data
- Updating the Facebook app
Finally, If you have any further questions or suggestions about this topic, please let us know; we’re always happy to hear from you!