Have you ever considered implementing Server-Side Rendering (SSR) for your Angular applications? While rendering the content of your application to the server, the SSR Angular process brings numerous benefits to its performance, accessibility, and SEO.
To create server-side rendering and consider all its opportunities, you can hire an Angular developer, who is familiar with all the techniques and tools provided by Angular. They will make your application stand from the crowd, create a better user experience, and ensure consistent content delivery.
CSR is widely used in single-page applications, sometimes requiring additional manipulations and techniques for SEO optimization. SSR, in turn, takes over the reins of performance, providing faster page load and offering better search engine indexing.
To maintain the flexibility and interactivity of a client-side application, developers go through a couple of steps to incorporate Angular Universal into an Angular application.
- Beginning of the rendering process. It starts as soon as the user makes a request to the Angular Universal app.
- Running the application on the server side. During this time, the HTML of the request page is generated on the server.
- Synchronizing data. At this stage, the data seen on the client’s side synchronizes with the initial state of the application on the server.
- Integrating SSR. The integration is done with the help of libraries and utilities, which facilitate the process and make the SSR compatible with other server environments.
Angular Universal technology set addresses several challenges that arise on client-side rendering. With service-side rendering capabilities, it helps to improve accessibility, user experience, and offline support. Here are some of its key advantages:
With server-side rendering, Angular Universal generates HTML on the server-side, which decreases the load time for the end user. The content of the page shows up quicker, even for users with poor connections or less powerful devices.
Server-side rendering allows search engines to see the content faster, identifying it even before it reaches the client side. With already available HTML, the app potentially ranks higher in search results.
No one wants to share plain text, which makes their posts cumbersome. With Angular server-side rendering, a user can preview what they share, including text, images, and descriptions. This seamless action that we do every day makes the user experience engaging and smooth.
If the application you launch takes time to open for the first and the second time, you’re less likely to give it another try. Thanks to SSR Angular, applications generally load faster, which directly influences the user’s overall experience and retention.
Whether a user opens an app from the phone or from the tablet, they want to get the same experience on both devices. This uniformity across platforms is possible with server-side rendering, which brings a consistent and positive experience to the user.
Even though Angular Universal contributes to your applications’ SEO, performance, and user experience, it adds complexity with server-side rendering. Not every project would need it, but here are some which will win with it:
- E-commerce platforms. With all the benefits Angular Universal brings, websites with rich content will load faster and provide a seamless shopping experience to its users.
- Corporate sites. With large amounts of information, content, and services, the sites will benefit from Angular Universal.
- Blogs and content platforms. The same story with loading and user engagement, especially if you provide long reads. Angular Universal will make your users’ experience painless, especially if your site suggests multiple languages.
- Social media platforms. With Angular Universal, the sharing to social media will be quicker and with the preservation of all content and images in the preview.
- Documentation and portfolio websites. This category of sites works with heavy files, which puts them in need of using SSR for smooth functioning.
The list of applications where Angular Universal could bring value is not exhausted, which increases demand for developers and the popularity of the tool. With Angular Universal at the forefront of web development technology, you could notice multiple advantages of server-side rendering. If you want to improve your application and make it successful in a competitive and changing digital space, considering this framework might be one of the right solutions. The recognized potential of Angular Universal will help you extend the frontiers in user experience and web performance.