When it started, Discord was an app aimed at gamers and streamers. Today, though, it is widely used by an impressive variety of users. For instance, you can check out the best Discord themes and use the IP resolver if necessary. Of course, the simple UI and the richness of features have attracted more users than ever. One of those great features is the ability to react to a message you see on Discord.
For instance, suppose you found a really funny message from your friends. Instead of typing anything, you can let them know what you feel by using one of the many emojis and reactions. Now, if you are wondering how to react to a message on Discord, you are in the right place.
In this tutorial, we have explained everything you should know about reacting to Discord messages on PC as well as mobile devices. We believe it will help you communicate better through Discord. Without much ado, we shall explore the steps, right?
Table of Contents
How to React to Discord Messages on Desktop?
To reacting to something on Discord from your desktop devices is easier than ever. If you use the Windows or Mac app for Discord, you can use the following steps to make Discord more interactive and fun. You can use the same steps regardless of the version of the Discord app.
- Open the Discord app on your desktop device and open the server where you have got the message that you want to react to. Get into the conversations tab and locate the message that you want.
- Right-click on the message and click on the ‘Add reaction’ button.
- Now, you should be able to see some of the popular reactions you can send to a message. Some of these options are thumbs up, eyes, weary, yum, and 100. You can click on one of these reactions to send it.
- By the way, if you want to explore more reactions to the message, you can click on ‘Other reactions.’
- Upon this point, you can see the fully-fledged emoji panel. You can explore emojis based on different categories or even search for them.
- Once you select the emoji, the reaction will be applied to the message.
That’s it. You have successfully reacted to a Discord message on PC. Alternatively, though, you can move to the right side of the message and click on the emoji button. Now, you can see a pop-up of the emoji panel. Once again, you can choose one of the available emojis.
As you can see, reacting to a Discord message is easier than ever. You can combine this action with some other options like adding style to your Discord messages, such as bold, italic and underscore. All such extra options are available on both PC and Mac.
How to React to Discord Messages on Mobile?
Here are the steps you need to follow to react to a Discord message on your smartphone.
- Open the Discord app on your smartphone and locate the message that you want to react to.
- Tap and hold on the message until you see the window with the emojis
- Now, you can select the emoji that you want to react to the message with
- By the way, if you want to explore more emojis, you can tap on the ‘+’ button on the right side.
As you can see, the reaction process on the Discord smartphone app is easy, and it takes only a few taps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I react to messages in Discord?
If you cannot react to something on Discord, you may not have access to the same. As you may know, the Discord server managers may restrict users from engaging in specific activities, and reacting to messages can be one of them.
How do you respond to a message on Discord mobile?
To respond to a message on Discord mobile, you can locate the message and click on the ‘React’ button. You will be able to see a number of emojis that you can select.
Why can’t I react with emojis on Discord?
There could be a number of reasons why you cannot react with emojis on Discord. For instance, if you are blocked by a user, you cannot react to the person’s messages. Similarly, if you do not have the proper set of permissions on the server, you cannot make any reactions, either.
How do you create a reaction on Discord?
You will be able to create a reaction to a message on Discord by right-clicking on the message. After that, you can choose the button to ‘add reaction’ to the message and proceed. Alternatively, you can click on the emoji button on the rightmost side.
How do I add reaction roles on Discord?
You can follow a number of methods to add reaction roles on Discord. The easiest method is to use either the Carl Bot or Zira. Both of these tools make it easy to set up different roles that can contribute to a variety of reactions.
How to React to a Message on Discord – Conclusion
We believe you were able to understand how to react to a message on Discord. By the way, if you are using the BetterDiscord client and if BetterDiscord is not working, you have a few options to fix the same. For the time being, though, let’s worry about how to react to messages properly.