The 30413 patch for the FFXIV game is one of the most common updates that has been implemented of late. In most cases, the system applies the patch without the user even being aware of it, but it is quite possible that an error message might be shown when the computer is unable to download patch files FFXIV. The typical patch files for games are to ensure a better working environment for the program as a whole and missing out on a patch would not normally affect the functioning of the game. But in the case of the FFXIV error 30413, it could well hamper the integrity of the overall working system.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why Final Fantasy 14 Unable to Download Patch Files
Handled here are some of the most common issues with downloading patch files for the Final Fantasy 14 game. For the vast majority of instances when the download error is noticed, running through the said causes could set right the problem. In some rare cases, it might be necessary to call in a technician to fix the issue, and if the issue does not get sorted at the steps laid out below.
The main causes why the unable to download patch files 30413 occur are as follows:
- Country and region where the gamer is situated
- Temporary Server Causes
- DNS issues
- Internet connectivity issues
The below-mentioned steps could set right the Final Fantasy 14 unable to download patch files issue for good.
Fixes to FFXIV Launcher Error 30413
1. Poor Internet Connection
One of the prime reasons why the FFXIV patch files do not download is because of poor internet connectivity. Since the game requires very fast and reliable internet connections, any issue with the download speed could adversely affect the functioning of the game including the download patch files 30413.
- Try visiting some common sites like email etc that is being used everyday to see if the problem persists.
- Check a convenient internet speed checker to check if the speed is up to mark.
- The constant download speed must be 5 Mbps for FFXIV game to work. If necessary contact the Internet Service Provider to raise a complaint regarding lack of speed.
2. Temporary Causes
Sometimes the unable to download patch files FFXIV occurs due to some temporary glitches that occur in the system. The right approach to this is to wait a while for the cause of the outage to be tackled by the service provider and should not normally last long. Typically when a large number of players happen to be logged on to the game’s servers at the same time, it could cause clogging of the network.
- Visit the regular gaming forums to check if other users are facing similar problems at the moment. Normally, when there are issues with the game servers, it is common to find other fellow gamers facing similar issues as well.
- If there are no issues being experienced by fellow gamers then it is bound to be an issue at the local level. Please proceed to the next step to rectify the cause.
3. Using a Virtual Private Network
If there are no issues with the internet connection and that the server-side is functioning normally, it could be that the region and country where the gamer is situated is causing the Final Fantasy 14 unable to download patch files issue.
- From the internet download a VPN program. If your computer already has a VPN software installed, then it can also be used in this procedure.
- Run the Virtual Private Network Program.
- Choose a country that has already launched the FFXIV game to set the location of the VPN.
- Check to see of the program runs by calling up the game.
4. Setting Right the DNS Setting
A common issue with computers not loading the patches to the Final Fantasy games is the issue with the system’s DNS settings. This can be set right by opening out the windows program control panel and accessing the DNS settings.
- Put ncpa.cpl in the Run Windows and hit enter.
- In the ensuing window, select your network.
- Pick out Properties and open it out.
- Choose the internet property version which is usually IP4. And click on Properties here.
- Under “Use the following DNS address section”, enter 22.214.171.124 as the preferred setting.
- In the “Alternate DNS server” field enter 126.96.36.199.
- Save and apply all the changes that have been made and restart the computer.
- Load the game once again.
5. Reinstalling the Final Fantasy 14 Game
The steps mentioned in the above four sections should set right the issues that typically arise with the download patch files 30413. But in case the game files have been corrupted for some reason, it would be worthwhile to download and install the game onto the computer afresh. Rather than installing from the game CD, it would be preferred to try and install the game from the website if possible. This would ensure that only the latest files and patches are applied automatically when the new installation is done.
- Google Final Fantasy 14 download.
- Pick out a working link and download the game program.
- Save the program and install it in the computer.
- Start the program once again.
6. Deleting Problematic Folder
A common step to resolve Final Fantasy 14 unable to download patch files is to delete the problematic folder that is residing in the game structure. It can be done as follows.
- Open up My Computer from the Start menu.
- In My Computer, open out My Documents.
- Click on the subfolder Games and select the folder Final Fantasy IV
- Find the patch folder as shown and locate the file 4e9a232b Folder
- Delete the above-mentioned folder from the system.
- Run the Final Fantasy IV to check the problem has been solved.
7. Deactivate the Antivirus Program
It has been reported in the past that players of the Final Fantasy IV game have been hampered by the use of anti-virus programs and the firewall. They can be turned off during the period of the game and as follows.
- Navigate to Windows Settings and Update & Security
- From Windows Security in above pick out Virus & Threat protection.
- Select Manage Settings and on real time protection choose to turn it off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I download the patch files FFXIV?
There are several reasons why the patch files to Final Fantasy 14 do not download as has been detailed above. Taking the right corrective action would set right the issue.
Why does my FFXIV download keep stopping?
This could primarily be due to a poor network connection or other issues relating to internet connectivity. It can be checked as indicated in the steps above and the situation rectified.
How do I repair my FFXIV launcher?
The FFXIV launcher can be repaired by reinstalling the game once again or if the user is knowledgeable about the workings of the system, then the individual files could be accessed and changed to the desired one.
What Causes FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files Error?
There are several common reasons why the download patch files error occurs as has been detailed above. It would be worth the while to check each point before ruling out the possibility and ensuring the correct FFXIV launcher error 30413.
Ask any of the seasoned gamers and they would tell you that gaming does have its set of issues most of the time. In case a Final Fantasy XIV gamer faces issues with the download of the patch files, it would be advisable to follow the checks prescribed here and to take any corrective action.